- Hidden Items
Women's Retreat March 7
8:30 am-4 pm
Theme: “The Church Lady: Relic of the Past or Beacon for the Future?”
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 1
What do hats, gloves, soda pop salad, jeans, Instagram, and avocado toast have in common? Join us at the 2020 Women’s Retreat and explore how the biblical and spiritual women of the past help shape us to engage our culture as “Church Ladies” looking toward the future.
This cross-generational retreat is open to all women of CLC, including our young women in high school. This year’s retreat will be held at our FISHERS site, 8:30 am - 4 pm. The day will be filled with large group gatherings and worship, small group Bible studies, and a variety of break-out session options. Cost for the day is $30 and includes light breakfast, lunch, and more. Registration opens from February 1 to March 1. Register and pay online (see below), or through paper registration forms, available at a Welcome Desk or Connection Center at any of our sites.
What you bring counts! Please consider helping us in one of the following ways:
- Where there are church ladies, there’s food! In keeping with the theme of the retreat, please consider bringing pastries for breakfast or a side dish or dessert for lunch. Be sure to mark on your registration form what you are bringing and include your recipe with the dish that day. If you do not wish to bring food, that’s OK! Just mark “none” on the form.
- If you have vintage church cookbooks, consider bringing one and lending it to a display for the day.
- Search out and lend us church clothes dating back to the 1940’s continuing through the decades. What did one wear to church in 1945, 1955, or 1962 or 1974, or 1983 or 1995 or . . . .? What do our ladies wear to church now and what will they wear in the future?
- Bring your hands to help clean up and reset for Sunday worship directly after retreat on Saturday, March 7.
- Bring your prayers before the Lord. Please pray for our retreat teams as they work together to make the retreat day both fun
Contact Jan Williams (click here to email, 317.814.4252) if you have any questions.