- Hidden Items
Are you or your loved one on a cancer journey? You are not alone! Find hope and strength for the journey. From patient & caregiver support to Cancer Companions National resources, to volunteering and making prayer shawls, here are several ways our CLC Cancer Ministry serves others.
- Patient/Caregiver Support
Cancer Companions are trained volunteers who reach out to anyone in treatment, post-treatment or to their loved ones to bring hope to the recipient’s cancer journey through:
Cancer Companions Local Team (from CLC)
- One-to-one meetings with a scripture-filled Bible study & video series: “Seeing God in Your Cancer Journey” by Karen Tripp
- Joining our local CLC Facebook group of cancer patients/caregivers supporting each other (link)
- Prayer Partners: We know that prayer is a powerful difference maker for the cancer fight. Add your name to the prayer list of our committed prayer warriors who will personally pray for you regularly. CLICK HERE
- Patients/Caregivers getting connected with CLC Cancer Ministry - CLICK HERE
Cancer Companions International Resources
- Requesting a Cancer Comfort Bag
Our Cancer Comfort Bags are prepared for local cancer patients and contain a variety of items that may be helpful to a cancer patient undergoing treatment, such as scripture verses, wooden hand prayer cross, and a prayer shawls.
- Volunteer in many ways!
Do you have a heart that wants to give back to a cancer patient or caregiver? There are many ways to plug in!
Be a Cancer Companion and meet w/patients one-on-one.
Make a monetary donation. CLICK HERE
Donate needed items for Cancer Comfort Bags.
Join the Cancer Prayer Team! Click Here
Make handmade prayer shawls for cancer patients:
Knitting or crocheting is a wonderful way to use your talents to help others feel a bit of comfort. CLC Cancer Ministry is working to complete 500 comfort bags for local cancer patients. Each bag includes a hand knitted or crocheted shawl. Donated shawls can be dropped off at any church site (mark them “prayer shawls, Carmel site”). Questions? Contact Robin Wong (click here)or Cindy Koelsch (click here).
Want to knit/crochet in fellowship with others? Join us on various Mondays from 7-8:30 pm in the Carmel Seniors Lounge. (Please contact Robin or Cindy, listed above, for dates.) Bring your own supplies. Don’t know how to knit or crochet? This is the perfect time to learn!
- Local Cancer Resource Guide
Click here for many resources specific to the cancer journey, including Care Groups at Cornerstone Lutheran Church, community resources, social media resources, and national resources.
- Contact CLC Cancer Ministry Leadership