- Hidden Items
Join us as we celebrate the success of our Hearts Compelled to Share Capital Campaign the weekend of February 22 & 23!
For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Lutheran Church has experienced God's overflowing grace and blessings, and this capital campaign was no exception. Thanks to your response to God's boundless love and blessings in your life, you responded in a big way. To date, more than $8 million has been raised to further Christ's kingdom in Fishers, Indy, and Carmel through this Hearts Compelled to Share campaign, and that's reason to celebrate!
On the weekend of February 22 & 23, we will celebrate at all our sites with cake, and recognize the completion and success of the campaign during all our worship services.
In gratitude for what God has done through us, we want to continue our generosity! So, we are serving our community on February 21-23 through “8 Buckets of Service” – that is, 8 ways to serve – in thanks for the $8 million dollars raised. You and your family are encouraged to participate. Several opportunities are great for families with young children, and there's even one that can be done without leaving your house!
To register your interest in one or more of these projects, CLICK HERE! You will then be sent email instructions for that project at a later date.
1) CLC Indy Site Work: On Feb. 21-23 (Friday through Sunday) work at our Indy site on improvement projects like cleaning, painting, hanging ceiling tiles, and more. Join other disciples in making our Indy site a warm and welcoming place. Click here for more information.
2) Affirmation Rocks: Perhaps you’ve seen these – rocks painted with inspiring words left around various places to encourage the person who finds them. Rock painting will take place February 23 at Carmel & Fishers after both Sunday services. (Since we're using paint pens, this won't be a messy painting event!) We will paint rocks, then you are encouraged to take yours and hide them “in plain sight” as a way to offer encouragement to others. This is a simple yet impactful project for people of all ages.
3) Cleaning Kits: Put together kits (boxes) of cleaning supplies for those being assisted by The Mustard Seed of Central Indiana, an organization that helps rebuild the lives of families and individuals who have suffered disaster or personal tragedy by providing household furnishings. There will be a list of items that need to be purchased, packed, and returned to church, where they will be taken to The Mustard Seed for distribution. DOWNLOAD SHOPPING LIST
4) USO Care Package Purchasing: Join CLC’s Military Ministry in supporting our men and women in uniform who are serving overseas! Purchase items from a specific wish list on Amazon.com and Amazon will ship the items you've purchased to USO Bagram in Afghanistan for free! USE THIS LINK!
5) Food Pantries Stock Up: Download this food pantry scavenger list then take it to the grocery store with a group (your family, small group, friends) and see who finds all the listed products the quickest! (But no running in the store!) Bring food back this weekend to church. Donated food will be taken to the Come to Me food pantry in Fishers or the ICAN food pantries in Irvington.
6) LCFS Collection: For more than 135 years, Lutheran Child & Family Services (LCFS) has helped families in need. Do you have household items (small appliances & decor), furniture, or clothing that you no longer need? Bring them to church this weekend and we will load these donations on trucks and take them to Lutheran Child & Family Services (and The Salvation Army). In addition, LCFS is launching a new emergency shelter program in March for at-risk families living in our community. To contribute items needed for this, download the list here, then bring items in a bag marked "LCFS" back to church this weekend.
7) Monon Trail: Some will work at a station handing out hot chocolate and water while encouraging those using the Trail, and others will help clean the area by picking up trash.
8) Provide a Meal: Help a family or person by providing a meal to them. (Information is coming soon!) This is replacing the original housecleaning project.
CLICK HERE to register your interest in a project!