- Hidden Items
Join us as we celebrate the success of our Hearts Compelled to Share Capital Campaign the weekend of February 22 & 23!
For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Lutheran Church has experienced God's overflowing grace and blessings, and this capital campaign was no exception. Thanks to your response to God's boundless love and blessings in your life, you responded in a big way. To date, more than $8 million has been raised to further Christ's kingdom in Fishers, Indy, and Carmel through this Hearts Compelled to Share campaign, and that's reason to celebrate!
On the weekend of February 22 & 23, we will celebrate at all our sites with cake, and recognize the success of the campaign during all our worship services. Everyone will also bring in any donations they have collected using the lists, below.
In gratitude for what God has done through us, we want to continue our generosity! So, we are serving our community on February 21-23 through “8 Buckets of Service” – that is, 8 ways to serve – in thanks for the $8 million dollars raised. You and your family are encouraged to participate. Several opportunities are great for families with young children, and there's even one that can be done without leaving your house! Choose to do one or more of the following:
1) CLC Indy Site Work: On Feb. 21-23 (Friday through Sunday) work at our Indy site on improvement projects like cleaning, painting, hanging ceiling tiles, and more. Join other disciples in making our Indy site a warm and welcoming place. Click here for more information and to sign up.
2) Affirmation Rocks: Perhaps you’ve seen these – rocks painted with inspiring words left around various places to encourage the person who finds them. Rock painting will take place February 23 at:
- Carmel, room 123, after both Sunday services
- Fishers, gathering area, after both Sunday services.
(Rocks will be pre-painted with a base color, and you’ll decorate them with paint pens, so this won't be a messy painting event!) You'll paint rocks, then you are encouraged to take yours and hide them “in plain sight” as a way to offer encouragement to others. This is a simple yet impactful project for people of all ages.
3) Cleaning Kits: Put together kits (boxes) of cleaning supplies for those being assisted by The Mustard Seed of Central Indiana, an organization that helps rebuild the lives of families and individuals who have suffered disaster or personal tragedy by providing household furnishings. Download the list of items that need to be purchased, packed, and returned to church, and they will be taken to The Mustard Seed for distribution. Bring completed boxes to church by Feb. 23. DOWNLOAD SHOPPING LIST
4) USO Care Package Purchasing: Join CLC’s Military Ministry in supporting our men and women in uniform who are serving overseas! Purchase items from a specific wish list on Amazon.com and Amazon will ship the items you've purchased to USO Bagram in Afghanistan for free! USE THIS LINK!
5) Food Pantries Stock Up: Download this food pantry scavenger list then take it to the grocery store with a group (your family, small group, friends) and see who finds all the listed products the quickest! (But no running in the store!) Bring food back to church by Feb. 23. Donated food will be taken to the Come to Me food pantry in Fishers or the ICAN food pantries in Irvington.
6) LCFS Collection: In March, Lutheran Child & Family Services is launching a new emergency shelter program for at-risk families living in our community. To contribute items needed for this download the list here then bring items in a bag marked "LCFS" back to church by Feb. 23. (PLEASE NOTE: We are NO LONGER collecting household items or clothing. We are only collecting what is on the provided list.)
7) Monon Trail/Carmel Parks:
- On Saturday, Feb. 22, from 1-2 pm at River Road Park (12575 River Rd, Carmel), we will be handing out hot chocolate to park visitors! If you want to help with this, please email .
- On Sunday, Feb. 23, you are invited to take your family, friends, or small group to the Monon Trail any time before 5 pm and pick up trash along the trail. Please bring your own trash bags. When you’re done, leave these bags on the east side of the trail, completely off the pathway, and they will get picked up by a trail employee after 5 pm.
8) Provide a Meal: Sharing food is a great way to show God's love in a very tangible way. Do you know someone who's day would be made brighter if you brought them a meal? Contact them and do it! We also have a small list of people from CLC who would appreciate a meal. If you're interested in helping one of these people, contact Austin Marchione. (This project is replacing the original housecleaning project.)